What am I doing?
That’s right. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
I broke my foot two days before Thanksgiving which means I’m couch-bound until New Year’s Eve. Did I mention it was my right foot? I haven’t been able to drive. Bye bye holiday plans.
Here’s the good thing about doing nothing. It’s really good for planning when you’ll be able to do something.
Here are some of the things I’m planning to do in 2013. I’m putting it all down in writing to hold myself accountable.
- Cull my wardrobe. I have a lot of clothes. I am trying to simplify my life. A + B does not seem to add up. If you’ve had your eye on anything in my closet, speak up.
- Finish redecorating. With a little help from the lovely folks at Warner Bros Studio Shops.
- Finish or trash unfinished projects. Half-knit sweaters, half-sewn shirts. Done or done.
- Thin the books. There are three boxes of books in my scary closet. Time for them to go?
- Throw a party. Given the foot challenges, I’ve pretty much skipped this holiday season. So, there are plans to throw a party sometime around the end of February.
- Digitize my life. I will scan the big crate of photos. Anyone have any recommendations for a great scanner?
- Travel more. I swear this is the year that I’m going to finally visit Catalina.
- Become a better photographer. Composition and Photoshop skills.
- Scheduled self-indulgence. Whether it’s a Sunday afternoon trying on clothes, a Saturday morning manicure, a bi-monthly hair appointment, a goddess treatment or a foot massage, regular rejuvenation is vital to my well-being.
- Fall madly in love and have an article published in a major magazine. These are things I can’t plan so I’m asking the universe to intervene.
What are you hoping happens in 2013? What’s on your to do list? Your wish list?
[photo of me courtesy of Loving Living Small]